Cruise Interior Expo Draws Leaders
Cruise Ship Interiors Expo, a focused event dedicated exclusively to interior design, architecture, and outfitting for the cruise industry, announced its first conference session to kick off the inaugural two-day event. Professionals at the forefront of the industry will share their expertise in ‘Cruise Industry Outlook: Leaders Debate’, on Wednesday, June 19, 2019.
This conference session will focus on the newbuild order book, discussing how shipyards can respond to capacity issues, challenges around recruiting staff, economical concerns, and growth in the expedition market. Speakers include:
- Newton D’Souza, chair and associate professor, department of interior architecture, Florida International University
- Stephen T. Fryers, consultant, Royal Caribbean Cruises
- Colin Gant, vice president of vessel refurbishment, Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings
- Petu Kummala, senior director of interior design & architecture, Carnival Cruise Line
- George Scammell, director of interior design, Princess Cruises
Chairing and moderating the session will be Newton d’Souza, chair and associate professor at Florida International University’s department of interior architecture. Over the past 20 years, d’Souza has practiced as a professional architect, interior designer, and educator. He is also in the process of writing his first book, ‘The Multi-Skilled Designer.'
The Cruise Ship Interiors Conference will take place on June 19 and 20, 2019, at the Miami Beach Convention Center, Florida.