MaxSea TimeZero App Launched for iPad
MaxSea announced the launch of marine navigation app for iPad: MaxSea TimeZero, a solution for coastal navigation.
The MaxSea TimeZero App is designed for outdoor use on small boats, where space is limited. MaxSea said its priority is to offer an extremely simple system allowing you to constantly display and have access to all the essential pieces of information for coastal sailing.
The company said it features easy-to-use functionalities and the fastest and smoothest chart display ever, as well as 3D data and weather information for an unparalleled experience. MaxSea TimeZero is powered by TimeZero technology, featuring a 2D/3D chart display, PhotoFusion and the most accurate marine charts thanks to MapMedia's unique Raster mm3d format.
• Position on the raster chart
• Course (COG) & speed (SOG)
• Routes and marks
• Track recording
• Real-time local weather and weather trends
• Navigation in 2D or 3D Perspective
• Tides and Currents database
iPad running iOS6 (iPad 2, iPad with Retina display or iPad mini) with an internal GPS or external Bluetooth GPS that is compatible with the Apple Core Location Service.
The App is free (includes software + a Miami demo chart), each chart area costs €44.99, except for the U.S. chart which costs €35.99.
Geographical chart coverage
• Western Europe, English Channel – Hamburg, United Kingdom, Mediterranean Sea West, Mediterranean Sea Central, Mediterranean Sea East (Wide chart areas).
• NOAA United States, Canada and the Caribbean (Mega Wide chart areas).
Raster MapMedia mm3d Mega Wide and Wide.